Pius X Boys Soccer Camp 2012
6000 A St.
Boys Entering 3rd-5th 6-7:30 pm $40/player
Grades 6th-9th 6-9 pm $75/player
(per day rates available if your child can't attend the whole camp)
There is a 2.9% fee that Paypal will charge for using it.
It will show up
as sales tax in your cart.
Please sign your child up for the grade he will be attending in the fall.
- To create a love for the game through fun and educational activities.
- For players to see their development and continue to want to improve.
- For the players to experience an atmosphere that is different from team practices.
- To experience something new about the game.
- To get the players to set goals for their future and have the means and desire to achieve them.
- To meet new players and develop good sportsmanship habits in a Christ-centered environment.
||What to expect
A variety of simple individual exercises for players.
Simple to set up and track improvment.
We will be assessing skills at the beginning and end of camp to show the kids
how they improved.
||Small sided games and competitions meant to maximize touches on the soccer
ball without sacrificing fun.
||Shooting and Goalkeeping
||Exercises and games meant to improve finishing ability for field players.
Players interested on improving their goalkeeping skill will have receive
instruction at the same time.
||Small sided games
||Small sided games meant to improve tactical understanding and technique.
Finish with re-assessment to measure improvement.
What will be provided:
- At least 1-20oz Gatorade per day will be provided for the players. These
will be handed out during the first water break.
- A coach to player ratio of less than 1:8. This ratio does not include high school player volunteers.
The players will not be able to develop without feedback. A small coach:player ratio is necessary to acheive this.
List of items to bring/wear everyday:
- Light Colored Shirt (players will receive a white camp shirt on the first
- A white shirt should help the kids stay cool
- Random shirt colors tend to clash with the training vests
which makes it difficult to break up teams
- Soccer Shoes and tennis/indoor shoes (we may need to go inside due to weather,
or we might play a soccer tennis game on the tennis courts.)
- Shin Guards
- Socks that cover the shin guards
- Water to drink
- Soccer Ball with child's name on it (or some other way of identifying it)
- 3rd-5th Grades: Size 4
- 6th-8th Grades: Size 5
This form may not work. If it doesn't, then at the very least I need your child's grade, t-shirt size, and phone number.
- Use the Paypal button above to select and make your payment. A Paypal account is not required.
- Select the correct age for your child and click add to cart
- Complete the transaction via a Paypal account or credit card.
- You will also need to send in the contact information from this page
or via the flyer linked below.
- OR Send this mail-in form and a check payable to Matt Chaffee to:
- 4640 Bryson St
- Lincoln, NE 68510
- Once payment is completed fill out the form below and click send
- This will send an email to the camp director.
- You can also print out this page and mail the information to the above address.
- OR there are flyers located at most local Catholic schools that can be filled out and mailed in also
- A spot is not reserved for the player until payment is received.
- The registration deadline is June 9th.
- I will be ordering t-shirts on June 3rd. I will order a couple extra common sizes, but if you register later you might have to wait until later in the week to get your t-shirt.
- Late registration will be accepted
up to the 1st day of the camp, June 11th, for an additional fee of 5$ for
3rd-5th and 10$ for 6th-9th.
- If a child can't make everyday and would just like to sign-up for the days
he can attend I will accept a portion of the registration fee ($10/day or
$18.75/day depending on age group). Be sure to say what days he will attend.
- Player Illness or Injury
- If your player becomes ill or suffers an injury prior to camp starting a full refund will be sent to you.
- If this occurs 1, 2, or 3 days into camp a 75%, 50%, 25% refund will be issued, respectively.
- Cancellation due to weather will result in transferable credit being issued towards future camps.
- The first option would be to move the camp into the Pius X gyms, so please
bring tennis or indoor soccer shoes.
- The second option will be to push the camp into Friday or Saturday.
- If the entire camp is cancelled due to weather, then we will work to schedule at some other point in the summer.
- If you are unable to attend the rescheduled camp later in the summer
you may either use your credit the following summer or transfer your
credit to any other player who is looking to attend the boys camp or
any camp organized by me. I usually do a girls camp as well.
- Information on how the camp is affected by the weather will be posted on this website
HTML Hit Counter